Yellow splitty in field

Got a tip today about a yellow splitty laying on it´s side in a field nearby. Owner is known and willing to sell. Tomorrow i go look, can´t wait.

Bart Bervoets

Reply to
Bart Bervoets

It is laying on it's *side*? Hmmm...

Reply to
Michael Cecil

...easier to work on the suspension that way.

...Gareth

Reply to
Gary Tateosian

I hope that guy from the photo has an extra 4x4 to lend out...

Reply to
Michael Cecil

So i´m told, what can i say. Considering the dry weather here it may be fixable.

Bart Bervoets

Reply to
Bart Bervoets

Reply to
dstorshunn

Windshield. Went looking at it yesterday, engine is missing, so is engine door. Tranny there, one window is cracked.(windshield) Overall condition is bad, may be fixable but needs lot of attention. I my pick it up somewhere next week.

Bart Bervoets "dstorshunn" schreef in bericht news:S5jKc.43117$ snipped-for-privacy@fe2.columbus.rr.com...

Reply to
Bart Bervoets

Thats very true Gareth. When I was in germany I used to race VW's on a dirt flat. We had blown a transmission and went to a local junk yard. Better than ours here at the time. The cars were just spread out over the landscape rather than being set up in rows. We found the appropriate vehicle and it was on its side, so we just used the owners torch, cut the mounts, dropped it out and were on our way. After stopping at his house and having Bratwurst abd beer first.....*8-}. Yuppers, much better junkyards thatn here......*8-}

-- the Grokdoc Tom Malmevik all that groks is god

67 Baja "marti"
Reply to
Thomas Malmevik

Hey Thomas When were you in Germany? My German business partner and I ran the dirt track raceing when I was there in 87. I was like most of us, just out to have fun. (Nascar german style)

Reply to
Kafertoys

1971-1973. Was a fun time. Love that country. Drove my VW's all over. Also many MC's and a Citroen. Lot's of nice twisty roads to go on. Where were you? I was in Mannhein-Sandhofen. Coleman Barracks.

-- the Grokdoc Tom Malmevik all that groks is god

67 Baja "marti"
Reply to
Thomas Malmevik

I was there in mannheim from 69-72. Damn fine time. Hemi cudas, 440 six-pack roadrunners and daytonas flying down the bahn!

Reply to
Robrjt2

thats cool I was stuck with a 74 Porsche 911 carrera

Reply to
Kafertoys

"Bart Bervoets" wrote in news:cd98pp$r1t$1@ctb- nnrp2.saix.net:

Seems like the countryside down there is a regular ACVW boneyard. Happy pickin' Bart.

Reply to
cloud8