you have to wonder how they knew

Listen to how they say about a Beetle being a good investment and about resale.

1970's Buy a Volkswagen | Air Cooled VW's

I'm sure they never could have truely known after 30+ years what true investment they would become.

Mario Vintage Werks resto

Reply to
Kafertoys

That's only if they're restored PROPERLY, not bondo'd and hacked together. For those of us that truly appreciate a quality VW, yes, this is true.

Reply to
ryan68bug

Not really. I have a 1971 VW with 85K miles in mint condition I bought for $5500 off the original owner just over a year ago, at which time the car was 37 years old. If the original owner had invested the original purchase price of the car ($2200) in 1970 at an average interest rate of

6.5% compounded monthly, that $2200 would now be worth $24,214.88. Basically a loss of $22,000. Not to mention that maintenance and insurance probably far outpaced the original purchase price. It is however a pretty cool car which he got to drive for $85K miles before selling it to me for twice what he paid for it. Still not technically a "good investment".
Reply to
Rev Turd Fredericks