'01 S80 T6

Reply to
Trey
103,000 miles, engine has developed a "surge" while accelerating. Sometimes it will go nice and smooth, others it will speed up, die-off, speed up repeatedly while accelerating. New plugs about 12,000 miles ago, injector cleaner "Sea Foam" through the fuel tank about 5 fill-ups ago. That seemed to help a little but it is right back doing the same thing again.

Does this car have a wastegate that needs to be lubed? Any suggestions will be appreciated, I am not really wanting to go to the dealer having just plunked down $800 for a timing belt change.

Reply to
Allen

No, it seems to run pretty clean and gets about 24.6 MPG combined city/highway. When things are just right it runs like a scalded ape with nice smooth hard acceleration. Other times it is just balky all the way up.

Reply to
Allen

My 2000 also had this problem, the dealer put in new software, no charge, fixed it right up. My car actually stopped running when at idle sometimes (2x), I told the dealer this, I think it was a safety issue then, and it was fixed for free.

sc

Reply to
Scott C

Thanks Scott, I will look into that. I do not see the engine stopping at idle though. I will call my dealer today (100 miles away in Dallas.)

Reply to
Allen