01 V70 keyless entry

Hi there !! quick question about remote keyfob for a 2001 V70, I recently acquired a nice 2001 V70 to replace my current 2000 V70, but it came with only 1 remote. I have seen some remotes for sale on ebay, but read somewhere that a "Code" unique to the remote is required for the dealer to program it to the vehicle. Is there any truth to that, or as long as they have the same FCC code, the dealer would be able to re-program them to my car?

Thanks

Arnold

Reply to
Arnold

No the remote needs a long code & a short code & a software download to program the remote to the car Glenn Volvo Certified Technician ASE Certified Technician

Reply to
Glenn Klein

So, I am stuck with the dealer, since all the second hand remotes do not come with the code, they would be useless then right?

Thanks

Arnold

Reply to
Arnold

Yes Even if the 2nd hand remote came with the codes the Volvo Dealer still has to perform a software download & program the remote as in cost to you most likely the labor will be the same but the cost of the parts would be cheaper Glenn

Reply to
Glenn Klein