'02 V70 2.4T wagon

looking at buying one of these, just totaled '96 850 GLT wagon, need new one.

any comments about the '02? it's got 28k miles.

reply to group, thanks

-- aloha GaryK

Reply to
sparky

HI Sparky,

I recently bought a 2002 V70 2.4 BI-FUEL (LPG).

Compared to my old warhorse (940SE 2.3 with 178,000 miles) the V70 is like comparing chalk and cheese.

Sure it is quiet, smooth, easy to handle and with plenty of toys (Air Con, CD player, controls on steering wheel, nice dash layout (although a bit plasticky), 3x 12V outlets (dash, centre armrest + load area), separate heating/cooling controls for both front seats.

Niggles: Easy to sound horn when chaninging radio stations (on steering wheel) Bigger turning circle (940 was RWD). Smaller carrying capacity in load area with rear seats "up" (compared to

940). With ignition off and headlights turned to "middle" position, the side lights remain on which might drain the battery for the unwary. Took a while to get used to the "shoulders" when sitting in the car - the door panels have a distinctive shoulder on them making the car wider, compared to 940/850 shape which was much "flatter".

HTH,

Thomas

Reply to
Thomas