02 V70 High Mount Brake Light

A couple of the lights on the high mount brake light are out on my wife's 02 V70. The mechanic told her the whole thing has to be replaced because its LED. If this is the case, why can I not find a replacement anywhere on the web? Is this a dealer-only type part? Anyone know where to get one other than the dealer. If not, does anyone know what this part typically costs at the dealer?

Thanks

Reply to
tlr1000

how handy are you? led's are cheap -- virtually free. selecting the right volt\amp's, popping the box, securing the leds, wiring, resecuring the cover can be bit of a challenge, or fun.

or buy after market. it might look a little "special", but it isn't $75 & it's legal.

or find a mechanic who works on older cars. mechanics used to fix cars. now mechanics just pop in new modules.

also auto repair is an >A couple of the lights on the high mount brake light are out on my

Reply to
rwlangbauer