18 inch Pirelli p-zero rossi for S60R

Hello all, I just sub-let an S60R with the factory tires. They need replacing. I've heard lots of complaints about the factory tires because they don't last long. They are also pricey. What other options are there?

Reply to
onthe_road_again

Check Yokohama. My experience with Pirellis is that they are noisy and harsh riding.

Reply to
Roadie

that they are noisy and

Reply to
~^ beancounter ~^

I don't know about any 18 inch, but those with a low aspect ratio will exhibit those traits, sure. Said another way most of us would expect a

40 series tire be harder rid> ins't any 18" on a small sedan going to be

is that they are noisy and

Reply to
Roadie

I really like the Michelin Sport A/S. They're all season and work really well in the rain and pretty good in snow.

A lot quieter and not at all harsh when using the "comfort" setting for your suspension.

Reply to
Mark Kingston

"onthe_road_again" wrote

then Mark Kingston top-posted (but I fixed it for him):

I've never tried Michelins but I replaced the original soft Pirellis on my '95 850T with all season Bridgestone Potenzas, which got very good reviews for wet-road handling. They weren't cheap (nothing is cheap in Finland except Baltic herring) but they have lasted much longer than the originals.

cheers,

Henry

Reply to
Henry