1970 V70 GLT do I have to get a new remote from the dealer?

is there any source other than a dealer for getting a new remote for a Volvo?

is it true that there is no kill switch in this car for the alarm?

trying to avoid paying high dealer price for replacement

also does anyone know how much it costs to repair a door lock? my keys will no longer open the door which would not have helped me anyway because with the remote gone any attempt to start the car even with my own keys will result in the alarm running down the battery

please advise THANKS

Reply to
daffy

No Yes No just unlock the door with the key & the car will start

Reply to
Glenn K

Yes all remotes have to be programed

1998 Uses a pin code to program the remote 1999>up needs software to be downloaded in to the vehicle to program remote Most dealers will charge A half hour to program & whatever the cost of software if needed Beware that if the remote you purchase on E-Bay does not work you will still be charged the cost of labor Glenn K Volvo Certified Technician 2009 ASE Certified Technician 2009
Reply to
Glenn K

daffy wrote in news:11215e4e-b591-458c-97d9- snipped-for-privacy@z8g2000yqz.googlegroups.com:

Reply to
Tunku

Hi Glenn:

Is it true that once a remote for a 1998 V70 has been programmed to work with one car, it cannot be reprogrammed to work with another car?

I asked my local dealer before buying a remote on ebay, and that was the answer I got.

Thanks for your help.

AS

Glenn K wrote:

Reply to
AS

Yes & no the remote can be programed again to work another 1998-2000 S70 or V70 but not 2 different cars @ the same time

Reply to
Glenn K

The idea is to reprogram it to work with just one vehicle.

Thanks for sharing.

AS

Glenn K wrote:

Reply to
AS

Then yes it can be reused for another vehicle

Reply to
Glenn K