1978 242GT FS

Posting here in case anyone is interested before throwing it up on eBay.

1978 242GT

New rear main seal, clutch, clutch cable, water pump, alternator, batteries, injector seals, front rotors, front wheel bearings and races, front brake pads and hardware, added rear head rests, 79+ mirrors (adjustable from inside), R Sport dash (6 separate gauge dash), 4 speaker, newer power steering pump not installed but with it, blacked out front grill and light fixtures, Virgo turbo wheels, IPD sport exhaust, Cherry Turbo lower chassis braces, tires less than a year old.

Some other extras, good maintenance, runs strong. Needs back brakes and parking brake adjustment and/or pads done. Sounds like rear bushing need replacing, tell tale thunk.

Clutch just replaced less than 3 months ago as well as rear main seal, no oil leaks, regular changes. 3rd Owner, still have original manual, accessory book and all service records.

All parts replaced by me from FCP Groton or IPD.

Relative amount of body rust as might be expected, runs very well, used as daily driver for over a year while slowly rebuilding. Asking 1400.00 o.b.o.

email Justin

snipped-for-privacy@virginia.edu or snipped-for-privacy@adelphia.net

thanks very much.

Reply to
Justin Wood

[snip]

Did that include delivery to Newcastle, Australia?

Mentioning where you are would help!

Reply to
athol

How about a link to pictures on a web or ftp site?

Reply to
GMan

Ugh.. sorry about that lack of info there..

I'm in Virginia, US.

Are a few good pics. As can see in there, one rear headrest is installed. Second is in trunk as I haven't gotten around to putting it in yet. Interior is in excellent shape. Paint job is passable save at the nasty spots.

I have a POR-15 kit from IPD that I was going to start using on the body spots so I'll put that and any other Volvo specific thing in with it. AC Recharge adapter tube, etc and 4 assorted books for working on it. Also replaced the cat convertor when I did the exhaust. Hard to remember all I've done to this guy.

Thanks for asking.

Reply to
Justin Wood