1982 245GL wagon B230E - Misfires upon starting??????

Hi all

When started from cold my 245 runs very rough at very low revs (~500rpm) for about 5 to 10 seconds, before suddenly smoothing out to

900rpm. It is an immedite transition from stumbling to smooth. Sometimes the engine starts then immeditely stalls. Never takes more than 2 goes to get it to run smooth, so it is not as if it is a disaster, but I would like to fix it. Previously it used to start first go at 900rpm, maybe a bit more.

This all started after I cleaned my throttle body. After cleaning the idle speed went up to 1100rpm or more it the knurled adjuster turned right out. I had to adjust the idle stop screw to get it back down to

900 or so.

I live in Sydney, Aus where temps rarely get below 10 degrees C overnight. Most starting would be done at the moment at about 13 to 15 degrees C in the morning.

This is K jet fuel inj.

All help really appreciated

Chris

Reply to