1988 volvo 240dl

I have 1988 240dl. Car had been sitting for 2 years without moving. I was basically given it. Problem i have is that the slow wiper doesnt work and the washer pump front and rear not working either. I get

11.5 volts at the terminal on both pumps but not fluid gets pumped. Can i assume its the pump/pumps or is there a link between this and the slow wiper action not working. The other functions on the stalk work ok.
Reply to
amyian

I don't know about the rear pump.

On the front pump, it's probably fluid sludge in the pump, or oxidation on the electric terminals.

On my '84, it's easy to remove the washer pump from the fluid reservoir, dismantle, clean the dried mineral deposits from the fluid conduits and the electric conductors. Also, run a stiff wire or coat hanger through the tubing leading to the windshield spray nozzles. Re-assemble in reverse steps.

Reply to
Pat Quadlander

If you have voltage at the pump but it won't run, the pump is bad. If you take it apart you'll probably find the gears are clogged with dirt and debris, the nozzles are probably plugged up too, they can usually be cleaned out with compressed air.

Reply to
James Sweet