1989 Volvo 760 Turbo: What is the 2nd connection on positive battery terminal

Hi,

this Volvo has a second, thinner, connection coming off the positive (red) terminal. In my case, this connection is worn and about to break. Could someone please tell me what this connection does.

I discovered this after my battery ran empty and I found that it doesn't get recharged. So for the past two days I have been connecting it to a charger overnight, but something is really broken. I guess the obvious choice would be the alternator, but can you think of any less expensive possibilities?

Thanks very much for your help and advice. Wolfgang, Goleta, California

Reply to
google

Just put a new battery in my wife's car the surface voltage was fine but under load it failed . So I turned the lights on and it went down badly. The new orbital battery will sort that out as they have heavy discharge quick recovery . This is the second battery we have bought from Orbital and we are happy . My suggestion is solder up all cables so nothing is loose and make sure the cables are right by giving them a good tug . Check your battery terminals to see they are clean and see if your lights get brighter when you slightly rev your car so then you will know if your battery is charging . Make sure your earth and positive cables are doing their job ,a good earth a good belt and good reading from the alternator is important . And good luck .

Reply to
John Robertson

Off the top of my head maybe feeds the alternator but without the wiring book i could not be sure

Reply to
Glenn K

Reply to
John Robertson