1990 740 GLE Electrical Help!

Problems with above car, my a/c blower, horn, and cruise control do not work. I'm trying to just fix the blower (the horn might be nice, too), but I'm thinking maybe these all have something to do with each other....If anyone has any experience with 740 electricals, I could use some help!

Reply to
peithy

I'm thinking your ignition switch connector is bad. That is a common symptom, I had the same on my 1987 740 GLE.

9447805 Ignition Switch Electrical Portion fits: all 740 Models 85-92; all 760 Models 83-87; 780 V6 1987 only; 780 Turbo 89-91; all 940 91-95 Models excluding S.E Models

$62.00

Remove the panel under the steering wheel. Unscrew the radio amplifier mounted under there and just let it hang out of the way.

Lie comfortably on your back using a picnic table bench, or long ice chest and have a flashlight handy. It is simple to remove and install this piece, it can be tricky to get the screwdriver in there and on the screws. I use a straight flat blade screwdriver and also the screwdriver tip and adaptor for a hex-head screwdriver.

Unscrew the 2 screws on the ignition switch and pull the device straight back. Re-install the new device the same way.

G'Luck

Jamie

Genu> Problems with above car, my a/c blower, horn, and cruise control do not

Reply to
Jamie

You can test this by turning on the ignition and turn the key slightly back, not enough to kill the engine. Also wiggle it a bit to see if you get a connection.

I'm 99% sure this is your problem.

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Reply to
Jamie