1990 765 window repairs

Greetings,

My 1990 760 wagon has a problem with the drivers window...I believe the previous owner busted the clips that hold it in place while trying to coat hangar the door lock. I just got the car a month ago and have been waiting for warmer days to get in to the project. What I'm searching for is, a step by step guide so I'm not breaking any of the fasteners for the door cover...and any parts that I could have on hand when I get in to this so I'm not trying to rig thins up haphazardly.

Any help would be appreciated.

Reply to
ChampaignTurbo

I don't recall the step-by-step, but a few pointers: the fasteners around the edge of the door panel are all pop-out and should yield easily enough to a prying device slid around the edge. IIRC there is also some sort of quarter-twist fastener in the recess for the door handle.

I have a window that needs a regulator because the plastic mount has broken - that may be what you are experiencing, too.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee

zencraps

And if the door panel is the same as an '87, there's a clip under the red marker light lense on the edge of the door.

Reply to
James Sweet