1990 V70 Service light

The Service light on my car goes on for several minutes when I start it. I've had the oil changed, but not at a Volvo dealer. When I asked the dealer about it they tried to convince me it needed a $770 periodic servicing done.

How can I reset the light?

Richard

Reply to
horseman2

Sorry!. It is a 1999 V70, not a 1990. Darn keyboard made another mistake!

Reply to
horseman2

this kind of information was send to the group earlier...

< It's real easy, turn your ignition to position I, push and hold the trip reset button, < the milage will go to zero, turn the ignition to position II. < When the milage returns from zero to what is was let go of the button. < turn the ignition off and then start the car to ensure that the RSR message is reset.

hope it works...

i havent tried it so cant say anything of it...

"horseman2" kirjoitti viestissä: snipped-for-privacy@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
Ari Westerholm