1990 Volve: how to tell what model

I inherited a 1990 Volvo Sedan. How can I discover what model it is?

Reply to
sue sanchez

If the car has been de-badged then the registration papers will tell you, or ask at your local garage/Volvo dealer.

Reply to
Alistair Ross

Hi Sue,

I got a good doc about that on a german spare parts site.

Get your Car registration card, -so it is in europe at least- and check vehicle type : the long letter - number ref : then compare it to the proposals of my pdf file, sorted by volo type : it will give you all the details of your car.

If you have no card for your car, check the number on the metal plate near lights when you ope the hood of your car.

I send the doc directly to your private adress email. regards

Vincent : xxc20100 at free dot fr

sue sanchez a écrit:

Reply to
Vincent

Dont know which country you are in but in the UK you can simply get an online insurance quote from pretty much any company - input the registration number and it wi8ll come back with the year, make, model and model type (2.5GL, 2.0SE etc).

Reply to
v56k

Stop by your local Volvo dealer, tell them you need to buy an oil filter, give them the VIN to look it up, and ask them to print the cars' information since they've already pulled it up. Cheaper than Carfax...

Gary

Reply to
Gary Heston

Hi Sue,

i tried to post you my Doc, put ur address is a blackhole.

And this forum doesn't accept clipped docs.

Send then your VIN and i tell you which car you have.

Vincent

Vincent a écrit:

Reply to
Vincent