1990 volvo 240 stall out after 10 minutes

Hi! Am trying to figure out a problem on a 90 Volvo 240 with auto trans - starts well but always stalls after about 10 minutes. You must wait about

10-15 minutes before it will start- then will again stall in 10 minutes like clockwork. Engine sounds good when it is running. I know these cars pretty well, but have never encountered this - any ideas are appreciated. thanx, bob

-- Message posted using

information at

ignatz

I had a similar issue with an old Chevy. Turned out there was a screen (more like a sock actually) on the fuel pickup in the tank. It was crudded up so it would collapse and block fuel flow. After it sat for a while, the screen would expand and allow more fuel in the line. Took a lot of parts swapping (and a complete engine rebuild... don't get me started on that one) before I figured that one out.

Don't know if 240s have a screen on the fuel pickup, I've never had the tank out of my '83.

Reply to
clay

Thanks for the great info so far - bob

-- Message posted using

information at

ignatz

There is a screen on the pickup, it presses on and certainly could get fouled over time.

Reply to
Mr. V