1991 volvo 240 battery, electrical, alternator?

My volvo has been having problems not starting lately. No crank whatsoever. Then typically a few minutes later it will start right up. Other problems that are related: The car just kills. The radio flicks on and off and then the car dies. Sometimes it starts right up. RIght now it is dead, dead dead. Will not respond to jumopstarts.

Reply to
matthew.tabaka

Is it an automatic? If so, first thing to check is the park/neutral interlock switch, try starting in neutral. Also remove the fuses a few at a time and scrub the fuse holders, inspect the ends of the fuses for corrosion, it's very common.

Reply to
James Sweet
Reply to
matthew.tabaka

Weird, I didn't think those cars had a shifter lock?

Reply to
James Sweet