1993 850 GLT Fault Codes?

Is there any place online where I can get a step by step procedure to display these codes and interpret what they mean?

I'm looking for something to tell if the crank position sensor and possibly fuel pump pressure are good.

Reply to
Happy Trails

Try this portal.

Mr. V

. . . copious information about what the codes mean.

Now, is there any way, outside of buying or borrowing some apparently very expensive electronic diagnostic equipment, that I can display any codes this vehicle has?

Reply to
Happy Trails

The 1993 850 has an on-board diagnostic unit that can be read without any tools. See

at
The sockets on the unit are A1 - Transmission A2 - Fuel injection A3 - ABS B1 - A/C B2 - Cruise control B5 - Airbags

By the way, regarding your ignition problem, my two cents are on the camshaft or crankshaft sensor...

Reply to
Jarkka

Thanks a lot, Jarkka. I suspected this was possible with some of the Volvo models but for some reason could not google any info about it.

Are these sensors easy to locate visually, and is it often a wiring problem rather than an actual sensor failure, as it is in my Jaguar?

Reply to
Happy Trails

The camshaft sensor is located near (or actually within) the upper engine mount/torque bar. If it's the original, it looks like a small ice hockey puck (newer ones are shiny metal). I've heard of people discovering broken wiring, but if the sensor is the old type with a black plastic cover, I'd change it anyway. The replacement procedure is quite obvious.

The crankshaft sensor is mounted on top of the bell housing - fairly easy to replace if you have a bit of dexterity (having small fingers help). I seem to remember that there's been interference problems when the wiring of the sensor has been tied to the HT ignition lead nearby, but I don't think this would result in stopping-and-going.

You might find this doc useful:

Jarkka

Reply to
Happy Trails