1993 940t fuel door.......

When I went to get gas this am (1st time i have seen gas for < $2 in a long while) upon opening the fuel dddo, it fell off.. ;-( there is a sort of wire clip that remained on the door unit that ended up in the rear seat, upon close inspection, it k@@ks like the small plastic hing thingy on the bottom may have broken off...this would be on the hing that remained on the car side, not on the door (which now lives on the rear seat)...question: anyone have this problem in the past? how hard was it to fix?...thank you !!!!!

Reply to
~^ beancounter ~^

This URL will show you how:

Joe

Reply to
Joe D

Joe D's link is a good description. I replaced mine once; it was under $10 US at the dealer and was even in stock. The parts guy mentioned earlier models used metal hinges but when they were forced they were very hard to repair. The plastic is cheap to replace.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee

thanx everyone......

messagenews: snipped-for-privacy@m7g2000cwm.googlegroups.com...

replaced mine once; it was under $10

Reply to
~^ beancounter ~^

I've had one of these hinges on order for my 760 estate at my "Large" main dealer for the last two months, they say Sweden does not have any available, but they're still trying for me!! So if anyone has a spare one how about selling it to me please!! [presume the saloon one is the same as the estate one?]. Gas at under $2!!!!! I wish!!!! Bob Green, UK.

Reply to
R G Green

Have you tried calling around to other dealers? When I needed one a couple years ago they were in stock locally and only about $6.

Reply to
James Sweet