1994 850 Turbo valve clearance question

Hi all. the timing belt on my 94 850 urbo blew upyesterday. My bad, went from 160,000 to 394,000 without changing it and now my stupidity is probably going to be expensive.

The question i have, any out here able to tel me the probability or likelihood of valve damage?? I was under light acceleration, almost a cruise, when it broke. I am somewhat unfamiliar with these engines so before i change the timing belt wanted some input.

Tia!

Tom.

Reply to
kawabusa

Is this a 10 valve or 20 valve motor? You're probably looking at several new valves, guides, and possibly pistons. You're right in that this will likely be an expensive lesson on why it's so important to keep up on timing belt changes with interference engines.

Reply to
James Sweet

I'm afraid I'm with James Sweet - the odds are against you. A quick survey of the valve clearances will probably tell you the story. Bent valves often have increased clearance.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee

Afriad the chances of escaping with little or no damage on these engines is zero. Quite heavy damage always occurs.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..

It's an interference engine. See: