1994 volvo muffler

Bought a new bosal exaust online for my 1994 volvo 850 and had it installed by cole muffler . It's way too loud. How do i tone it down.

Reply to
danny j

I'm gonna say "by getting the OEM unit".

Bosal is aftermarket, and made to be "performance loud".

Cheers.. or try adding a resonator before the rear muffler.

Reply to
Robert Gilroy

Install an OEM exhaust system, aftermarket performance stuff will flow better to give you a tad more power at the expense of being louder, that's just how it is.

Reply to
James Sweet

Midas...

Is there a resonator in the system now? Was there one at one time? Seriously it just might be a loud exhaust..

Reply to
Steve

Thanks Steve When I bought the car it did not have a resonator and was not too loud until the muffler went . Now it sounds worse with the new muffler . If i was to install a resonator do you have an idea where i could purchace one and where it would be placed on the car.

Reply to
danny j via CarKB.com

IPD should have them, they'll know where it goes in the factory system, hard to say with something aftermarket.

Reply to
James Sweet

if I know!

Sorry dude, perhaps Midas or a similar shop (like cole) could fit one they have. I think a muffler would be a BAD IDEA, but a simple pipe that gets fat so the gas can expand and cool a bit might work. To my (perhaps incorrect) knowledge thats what a resonator is.

Is the new system just unbearable? Do you think you will get used to it? Bonsel is suposta be good stuff! Is it any more powerful at least?

Reply to
Steve