1995 850 Airbag Sensor or Control Module

I just bought a 1995 Volvo 850 and the SRS light does not light up upon turning the ignition on. I had the local Volvo dealership do quite a bit of diagnostics. They finally determined the some one had spilled a large coke to go on the center console and it some how destroyed the airbag control sensor under the hand brake. In later models I think Volvo covered the sensor with a liquid proof cover. The Volvo dealership wanted over $1,000 for the new sensor. I have found one on the internet and thought I would give it a try @ about $150.00 and install it myself. I would appreciate any advice anyone might have. I know to disconnect the battery ground but I wonder if there is anything else I should know. I also wonder if after I install the sensor if the SRS light comes on and goes off as it is supposed to, then can I be assured that my SRS system will be fully ready for deployment if required. After all that is the whole reason for all the trouble. Thanks! Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Phillips

Assuming the rest of the system is OK, then it will work as you suspect.

Reply to
Mike F