1995 850 Computer Codes

Check Engine Light just came on in my 850. I get the all the following codes:

A1: 124 Mode selector faulty or short circuit to ground

A2: 241 EGR system flow faulty

A3: 142 Faulty brake pedal switch, open or short

213 Left rear wheel sensor, no signal on moving off 214 Right rear wheel sensor, no signal on moving off 424 Pressure switch for TRACS, faulty or short circuit (I already know my ABS is on the way out . . .)

A6: nothing

A7: 122, 113 (What are these)

I gone through my Haynes, & following websites:

only one I'm really worried about is A2: 241 EGR system flowfaulty. What is this? I've cleaned my throttle body & flame trap, whatelse? Possibly air mass meter or its connections? Also, I CAN'T clearthe codes out, even following Haynes instructions, i.e. 5 seconds ofholding down the button, I get nothing, not even 1-1-1. Any thoughts,suggestions, tips? Mike F, you've implied that there could be a shortor bad circuitry in the diagnostics that would prevent clearingcodes, yes?

Thanks for any ideas. Jay

Reply to
Jay Epstein

<djmcreynolds1

It's possible there can be a problem in the wires for the diagnostic plug that would prevent clearing codes, but I'd say it's very unlikely. I've seen this problem that was only cured by a new ECU, but that was on a 10 valve model with the Siemens system. Most often when someone can't clear a code, it's because they haven't just read it. The sequence has to be: Ignition on, read all codes, clear all codes. If you've turned the ignition off after reading the codes, then they won't clear. And of course there's always the "disconnect the battery for a while" method, just make sure you have your radio code.

For your EGR flow fault code, try taking the EGR valve off the intake manifold and cleaning it.

Mike F

Reply to
Jay Epstein

Reply to