1995 Volvo 850 and the SRS light does not light up upon turning the ignition on

I just bought a 1995 Volvo 850 and the SRS light does not light up upon turning the ignition on. I had the local Volvo dealership do quite a bit of diagnostics. They determined the some one had spilled a drink on the center console and it some how destroyed the airbag control sensor under the hand brake. I replaced the air bag sensor and still no SRS light. The Volvo dealership also mentioned that when the airbag module was shorted it may also have damaged some type of "circuit board?" behind the speedometer. They quoted me a price of $500+ dollars for a "Wiring Plate" Part #9434097-3. Does anyone know anything about this part and where to get one? Thanks in advance. Jerry Phillips

Reply to
Jerry Phillips

The instrument panel board contains what Volvo calls a "safery circuit" whose block in the diagram has connections to GND, 12V, SRS module, and the lamp, so I suppose it may be bad.

The SRS service manual has 5 pages devoted to troubleshooting a non-lig SRS light. Still, in this case, since the SRS module has been replaced, the only things left are:

  1. Wiring
  2. Lamp
  3. Instrument panel.

Changing the instriment panel board is not an easy task.. To do it right, the glove compartment and dash top must be removed.

-- Email reply: please remove one letter from each side of "@" Spammers are VERMIN. Please kill them all.

Reply to
Doug Warner