1995 Volvo 850 fuel pump

I'm guessing the fuel pump is the issue here. My brothers 1995

850 died on the freeway the other night, started and died where it coasted to and stopped. Yesterday I bumped the bottom of the fuel tank and heard something bouncing inside of the tank (like the float was sitting on the bottom) and the pump energized for a moment and quit. I did it a couple more times and it did the same thing. Anyhow, assuming the pump is just dead, I want to replace it. Never worked on Volvos before, I found the hatch in the trunk for replacement of the pump. I'm not sure which one of the spin on (they look like they spin on) tops need to be removed.. there's a smaller one towards the front of the car with electrical connections in the top of it, and a larger one behind it with fuel lines attached to it. Which one should I remove or do I need to remove both locks?

Thanks

Reply to
Roger Rabbid