1996 850 Air conditioning

I've recently bought a 1996 850CD 2.5 10V. I'm sure this question will have come up before so I apologise. When I switch the Air conditioning on the clutch on the compressor constantly engages and disengages and only blows cool not cold air. Any ideas what the problem could be?

Reply to
Michael McGowan

google search "volvo superheat" and take it from there. :)

~~~ Brig. Gen. Mark Kimmitt on the Iraqi "wedding" that was attacked - 'There may have been some kind of celebration. Bad people have celebrations, too.'

My eBay Stuff:

John in NH

Sounds like it needs a charge.

Chuck Fiedler

Reply to
Chuck Fiedler

That got no results when I tried it.

Reply to
Mick Ruthven

I did get a bunch of results when I removed the quote marks.

Reply to
Mick Ruthven

on and off all the time indicates to little gas in the system

Niels

Reply to
Niels Bengaard

It's low on refrigerant. so the low pressure switch cycles thec ompressor. Recharge it and see how long it lasts.The rubber hoses are permeable so even if you have no leaks you will lose the refrigant after a few years.

Reply to
Rod Gray