1996 S70GLT - Insufficient Heat

A friend at work has this car (I think I go the year right), and she says that the heater isn't working well, even with the climate control cranked up to max. What are usual suspects for this car? Heater control valve? Climate control thermostat? She's had the coolant changed regularly.

Reply to
mj

First thing I would check would be whether the engine is reaching proper operating temperature. If not a bad engine thermostat is a possible cause.

mjc13 wrote:

Reply to
Roadie

The temp guage is in the normal range.

Reply to
mj

If the engine is reaching normal operating temperature then my next choice would be one of the vacuum operated doors within the heater assembly.

mjc13 wrote:

Reply to
Roadie

The temp gauge is not a real temp gauge. It's designed to read normal over a wide range of temperatures, to stop people from whining about normal temperature fluctuations. Start with a new thermostat.

Reply to
Mike F