1997 volvo changing battery

Howdy, I just changed the battery in the 1997 960 volvo and the car will not start. The lights come on inside the car. I found the code for the radio to work however when I turn the key to the start position the car will not turn over; however the alarm starts to honk the horn. Is there a code or switch I need to know?

Reply to
smamtaylor

I think the imobilizer comes on by default , you have to turn the alarm on and off to reset it, or if it has a service key, (my 440 is in the back of the glove box) then you can turn off the alarm etc and turn it on when all is settled

Reply to
chris

That's happened to me once (with an 850). Here's what I did. Got out of the car and locked it using the key (not the remote). Unlocked the car using the key, and started it up. Worked fine from that point on.

AC

Reply to
Aawara Chowdhury