1998 S70 Speakers Revisted

What kind of rear speakers can be purchased for this car. I have a T5 with SC-816 Premium Sound System, in-dash CD, 8 speakers, 100 watts. The sound is not clear and it buzzes as if the speakers are ripped/broken. Do you think I need to replace the rear speakers ? If so, where can I purchase speakers ( in the US) ? Will any kind of new speakers do ? Let say I want to purchase from Best Buy, Circuit City, or any store that sells radios. Should I go back to the Volvo dealer and have them replace it or purchase from one of the above mentioned stores ?

Reply to
Dot Matrix

Check the rest of the system first, the least likely problem is the speaker. Try the speaker with another input temporarily wired in. Try another speaker on the amp output maybe from the other side.

Reply to
Gabriel Shaw

AND......

Reply to
Dot Matrix

Sorry I do not know of any book that can help you. My suggestions are the outcome of over 50 years experience in the electronics industry, and are based on common diagnostic procedures.

Reply to
Gabriel Shaw