1998 V70 Glovebox

My glove box cover rattles with an annoying buzz at speeds below 40mph. Pushing the door and releasing it stops the rattle for a few seconds, then the buzzing starts again. Leaving the door open silences the noise, but then it looks a mess.

I've tried putting some 12mm (1/4 inch) foam along the top edge of door and that's reduced it slightly (it now stops rattling for about a minute).

I've removed the glove box to try and adjust the fixed part of the catch, but there is no adjustment on it.

How can I tighten the door back against the rubber stops or am I looking at the wrong thing?

Could it be the metal door stops? If so how to stop them rattling?

Thanks

Richard Web pages:

- caravanning,
- personal web site and
I loves the domain name for email.

Reply to
Richard Cole

As no-one seems to know the answer to this, I'll tell you what I've found.

I bent the glove box door metal stops inwards, on both sides of the glove box, and no rattles (at the moment).