1998 V70 UK - Air Conditioning

My air conditioning doesn't seem that effective now the winter is drawing in - doesn't clear the misty windscreen (and esp. the side windows) anywhere nearly as good as my old BMW system. During the summer, no complaints, drove all round Europe in external temps of up to 40c and was as cool as an ice cube inside.

I have heard something about the condenser giving problems - is this a good place to start?

The system was leak tested and refilled 6 months ago, and all was well.

Jason Russell

Reply to
Jason Russell

Change the pollen filters.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim (remove obvious)

Tim (remove obvious) e*******ed:

Okdokey, looks simple to do according to the haynes manual, so will give it a try this weekend

Thanks

Jason Russell

Reply to
Jason Russell

Also make sure you are not running the AC in "recirculate" position.

Reply to
DE Retiree

DE Retiree e*******ed:

Nope, the recirculate button automatically switchs off when I put the vent control to windscreendemist mode

Thanks

Jason

Reply to
Jason Russell