1999 S80 Upshift Shudder

I'm noticing that after I drive a bit and warmup the transmission, a shudder begins between the shift between gears 2 and 3. Based on the TSB and the known culprit being solenoid #5, does it hurt to ignore this problem or am I damaging something?

Deacon

I see a TSB on this:

A/T - Upshift Shudder S80

1999-2000

Section:

4

Group:

43

No.:

0027

Year:

03

Month:

01

Reference: This service bulletin replaces the previous service bulletin SB 43-0027 from October 2002, which should be discarded. The Chassis Number limitations are deleted.

Vehicles involved: Cars with transmission GM 4T65

Automatic transmission, shudder during upshift

Background

This Service Bulletin describes the fault tracing and corrective action for transmission shudder during upshift (most common during the 2-3 shift). If necessary refer to the methods in VADIS. To replace the line pressure solenoid (5TH solenoid) an updated method can be found in this Service Bulletin.

Materials

Description Quantity Part No.

STh-solenoid 1 9480638

Reply to
Deacon Eisenhart

Deacon...how did you find the service bulliten? Is there a place I can look up 200 s80t6's info? Was there one on the am radio antenna ground wire...that enabled the system to get good, solid am radio reception?...thanx....richard / colorado

Reply to
~^ beancounter ~^

Hi:

I subscribed to Alldata for $24.95 a year for the car.

Here is the website link. I think if you fool around, you can get free recall information and some TSB's.

I can't seem to find anybody to tell me about a good service manual. At least this site gives me SOME guidance. It also provides me the OBDII cross-reference codes to the Volvo code.

I hope you find something good there.

Deacon

Reply to
Deacon Eisenhart

thanx!!....

Reply to
~^ beancounter ~^

thats a lot of info Deacon...for $24....i am going to get a years service...thanx.......

Reply to
~^ beancounter ~^

Reply to
<djmcreynolds1

Would I be better taking this to a transmission shop, or somebody at a Volvo shop?

Do you know if driving it with the problem will cause more damage or if there are any other repercussions.

Deacon

Reply to
Deacon Eisenhart

Some is incomplete.

I just need a guide at times showing my how things come apart or what has to be removed to reach something.

I had a manual for my trooper that duplicated everything on teh ALLDATA site. It was two huge books, published by HELM.

I found it very helpful to understand the vehicle.

Deacon

Reply to
Deacon Eisenhart

Reply to