2000 S70 auto gearshifter stuck

I have a 2000 S70 GLT SE automatic transmission, and regularly the gearshift button gets stuck in the "in" position without popping back out when I am done shifting gears (P, R, N, D, etc.). I have to play around with the button for it to pop out again. Has anyone had this problem and any insight into the solution?

Reply to
Jason

Yes, I've had that problem with both my '98s. The fast solution is to shoot a penetrating lubricant into the shifter button, making sure to protect the interior from dripping and overspray. Keep a rag handy for a few days to catch what drips out. The long solution is to dismantle the shifter (the knob just pulls off) and lubricate the parts where they touch each other. I did the long solution on my V70, it's been good for a few years now, my friend did the short solution on the S70, it's been good for a couple of months.

Reply to
Mike F