2000 V40 purchased

Just picked one up with 50,000 miles on it. I owned an '97 850 Wagon and had terrible issues with the AC only to find out that the AC units on the 850 were known for being defective with that heat cutoff switch that had to be bypassed.

Any known bugs for the V40s, specifically the 2000's, that I should have a heads up on?

TIA!

``` Remove remove to mail me. Thank you.

Reply to
Jhm7057

In my 2000 S40, the AC coils tend to freeze up, so the AC stops working. Besure to set the air intake to recirculate when you use the AC. When set on auto, the fan cuts back as soon as the unit senses that the set temperature has been reached. You have to set the fan speed manually. The Swedish engineers seem to have a poor idea of how ACs should work. My '89 Volvo had similar problems.

Reply to
Marvin Margoshes