2000 V70 tailgate lock not working with remote

Hi, We have a 2000 V70 with a tailgate lock that only works sometimes with the remote. Cooler weather (San Francisco area) makes it worse. The remote works all the other locks fine and the manual lock (key) on the tailgate locks and unlocks the tailgate. When the remote does not work, there is no sound coming from the tailgate or anywhere else that I can hear.

Any ideas one and all? Thanks, Brad

Reply to
Mystical

Try replacing the battery in the remote. My 2000 S80 was exhibiting the same problem with the trunk lid. A $2.00 battery solved it.

Reply to
Roadie