2001 v70 ac problem

our wagon's ac is having problems. the "cold" goes in and out-- sometimes the cold will come back on it's own, sometimes it will come back after turning the ac off for a while and then turning it back on. the ac mechanic said he could find nothing wrong--and suggested it was electrical. just wondering if anyone else has run across this problem and what fixed it. i wonder how costly this fix could end up being...

Reply to
amjohnsen

Classic case of the compressor clutch needing re-shimming I wonder?

tim..

Reply to
Tim..

My first impression was low refrigerant causing icing but then I read that the system has been checked by a mechanic. Now I would agree with the compressor chutch needing calibration.

Chuck Fiedler Nothing but Volvo since 1974 (Who constantly has 40F at the vent in Texas)

Reply to
c.fiedler

Find a repair shop that can read the codes for the climate control module & also check for any other codes all of these systems are networked & if one module sets a code it may affect another module have these checked & then you can make a correct diagnoses of the car Glenn K Certified Volvo Technician ASE Certified Technician

Reply to
Glenn Klein

Evaporator icing up? Does the drain drain?

Reply to
<fargo