2001 V70 Check Engine Light

Got a Check Engine light illuminated on my 2001 V70 2.4. Went to my FLAPS and got the code read (and reset)

Code was P0128, Coolant Temp Below Thermostat Regulating Temp. After reset, light was off for three or four days, then came back on.

I'm thinking to replace the thermostat. Seems the obvious place to start, and a fairly simple job. Sound OK?

I can mail-order the parts, buy them from the dealer, or get them at the store that was kind enough to read the code for free...Any advice from the group?

Reply to
<fargo

Replace the t-stat and the ect sensor below the t-stat. Both can/do fail and sets the chicken lite. BD

Reply to
Big Dick

IPDUSA.com probably has the parts you need.

Reply to
Tony