2001 V70 T5 Door Locks Problem

I am having a new and strange problem when I unlock my doors. When I walk around to where I have my 3 year old in the back seat car seat and pull the door handle, as I pull the handle, the lock plunger comes down and locks. If I push the remote to unlock all the doors, it does it again. I have to physically get in the car and pull the plunger up before I can open the door. Does this sound like maybe a lubrication problem and when unlocking the mechanism doesn't rise far enough to be committed to unlocking? Thanks for any advice.

Jim Decker

Reply to
jimadecker

Nope, wonky lock behaviour is a common problem on these cars. You need to replace the door lock assembly to fix it.

Reply to
Mike F

I concur with that. I think all my locks on my 2000 V70 2.4T have now been replaced due to misbehaviour as described and/or the opposite, ie buttons popping back up after locking.

Regards martinr

Reply to
Martin

From an earlier post about a V70 with sunroof/lock problems.on a V70 2001.