2001 Volvo S80

I recently purchased an S80 29. I have a few questions I'd like to pose to the group: For such a big car, it seems under powered. The car downshifts quite a bit (it's an automatic) when I step on the gas. Is this normal for a normally aspirated volvo?

I thought that cars sold in the USA in 2001 had to have the child seat latches (I think its called Isofix if you buy it from the volvo dealer)? These are the metal "D-ring" type anchors located where the rear seat meets the rear seat back portion that you fasten the child car seat to. This car doesn't have them. Is this correct? Did this happen sometime during the 2001 model year?

AM Radio reception is horrible. The radio stops on just about every frequency when using the "scan" capability and the stations (even close ones) are filled with static. Does anyone know how I can diagnosis this? On my wife's 850 wagon, the radio was very easy to remove. It doesn't look that way on a 2001 S80.

Thanks for all of the help in advance.

V/R, charlie

Reply to
charlie3629

It is underpowered by todays standards for its size.... There was a turbo model.

Don't worry about downshifting and revving the hell out of it, its an inline

Reply to
Rob Guenther

if i recall...the bad am radio was a problem in many s80's...turns out a ground was bad...i think...the dealers should know...it is one of the "well documented" s80 issues...

Reply to
~^ beancounter ~^

I would be very interested in seeing some other remedies for the AM reception problem. However, one thing that I discovered (accidentally I must add) on my 1999 S80 is that if you push the door locks, it discharges the static that must be built up somewhere, and helps the radio reception. When driving down the road, if I hit a bump, it screws up the reception, and clicking the door lock clears it up.

Reply to
TNfunGUY

You're kidding!

Gotta try it!

Pat

:-)

Reply to
Pat Durkin

Bizarre but true!

Reply to
TNfunGUY

Bummer!

I tried it today but it didn't work for me.

Pat :- |

Reply to
Pat Durkin