2002 S60 Turn signal fix

Hope I can help some of you who may be having problems with internittent function. My symptoms were when I signaled, it would start and stop flashing until I put pressure (whichever direction) on the lever. We asked the dealer about it and they said there was nothing they could do about it. I then pulled the top steering column (plastic housing) cover up and disengaged the clips, allowing access to the turn signal stalk and its mounting screws. I then removed the lower housing attached with torx screws, being careful to lift it over the ignition switch bezel. This allowed full access to the two stalk attachment screws. Removed the screws and pulled the stalk straight out to unplug the multi pin connector. Upon removal, I went to a clean area (kitchen table) to remove the screw on the back of the stalk at the base, retaining the contact circuit board. I then lifted the board up exposing the 3 spring contacts that contact the board. I noticed the center contact was lower than the other two so I increased the height of all three approxamately 1//32" and evened them out with a jeweler's screwdriver. Do not remove the grease. Reassembled the stalk and reinstalled it and it works perfectly. Takes all of about 20 minutes. Hope this helps.

Gale

Reply to
gtyler2