2002 V70 remote control

My wife and I recently purchased the subject vehicle and it is our first experience with using remote control door locks. My question has to do with the seat and mirror adjustments when you use the remotes. We understand how to set them and to basically use them, but wonder if there is a better way to get the seat/mirror reset when one of us wants to drive the car after the other has and the doors have not been locked in the interim. Here is the scenario. I drive the car into the garage and leave the doors unlocked. My wife now wants to drive the car and obviously wants the seat and mirror adjusted to her setting.The only way we have found to do this is for the subsequent driver to use the remote to first lock the car and then unlock it before opening the door. Is there a better way?

Reply to
Njord

I have 3 sets of keys/remotes for my 2003 XC70. Each key set has different settings for seat and mirror settings. Use the right key set and you get what you want. Too Simple.

Reply to
Gunner

I don't want to, nor do I think it is necessary since the garage is locked.

Reply to
Njord

Thanks for trying, but this is not the issue. We use our own remotes and each has its own setting. The issue is how best to get the adjustment made when the doors are not locked in the interim. Suggest you read my posting again.

Reply to
Njord

What way could you even suggest that would be quicker than pressing Lock-Unlock on the keyfob? It's not as though there's a waiting period between locking the car and unlocking it again.

Reply to
null

Beats me. If I knew that, I wouldn't be asking. Just wondering if anyone else has come up with a way to do it that might be better.

Reply to
Njord

I actually meant hypothetically, if you had to design the car, but anyway...

Wrong newsgroup, and somewhat off-topic, but anyone know how Mercedes handles such a situation with Keyless Go?

Keyless Go is a system that allows you to keep an access card in your wallet, and (I believe using some sort of RFID-related technology) when you come within proximity of the car it automatically unlocks and adjusts to your settings, and to start the car you just press a "start" button (and except for the start button, I believe that this system is very little different from the system that GM has employed on Corvettes since about 1990).

But if two people each with Keyless Go cards with different settings are in proximity of the car...

Reply to
null