2003 S40 Immobilizer Light on Dash comes on at start and stays on

Anybody experience the dash Immobilizer warning/status light coming on and not going off until a restart. This happens about 50% of the time. Took it to the local dealer and after watching them work on it for an hour or so, I asked that they let me have the car back. They couldn't re-create it or find any problems using their diagnostic computers. The service people mentioned that with the immobilizer light on, the car shouldn't start. We have tried all of our keys and the same thing occurs, Volvo has no TSB's or knowledge of this failure (at least at the local dealership). The car has 8k miles on it and has been doing this for a while, it's starting to become an annoyance.. Any info you may have to correct this is appreciated..

Thanks, Stan

Reply to
Stan