2003 V70XC Hi-Beam problem

Hi,

With headlights on, lever is pulled to switch to hi-beams and the hi-beams come on OK; but when the lever is released it springs forward and headlights revert to low-beams.

Is there a simple cure for this? (I hope, I hope........) It's my daughter's car. (2003 V70 XC)

Andy I.

Reply to
Andy

Headlight switch is in the correct position not in daytime running lamps ??

Reply to
Glenn K

: > With headlights on, lever is pulled to switch to hi-beams and the hi-beams : > come on OK; but when the lever is released it springs forward and : > headlights revert to low-beams. : >

: > Is there a simple cure for this? (I hope, I hope........) : > It's my daughter's car. (2003 V70 XC) : >

: > Andy I. : >

: >

: Headlight switch is in the correct position not in daytime running lamps ?? :

That's exactly what I've been thinking, Glen. In fact I've been out to my own 850 to check that very thing. I haven't been able to contact my daughter since foolishly rushing to her aid........... on the computer, but if the problem turns out to be what you suggest then Santa will be arriving at her place with a much lighter load!!

Andy I.

Reply to
Andy

:: > With headlights on, lever is pulled to switch to hi-beams and the : hi-beams :: > come on OK; but when the lever is released it springs forward and :: > headlights revert to low-beams. :: >

:: > Is there a simple cure for this? (I hope, I hope........) :: > It's my daughter's car. (2003 V70 XC) :: >

:: > Andy I. :: >

:: >

:: Headlight switch is in the correct position not in daytime running lamps : ?? :: : : That's exactly what I've been thinking, Glen. In fact I've been out to my : own 850 to check that very thing. : I haven't been able to contact my daughter since foolishly rushing to her : aid........... on the computer, but if the problem turns out to be what you : suggest then Santa will be arriving at her place with a much lighter load!! : : Andy I. : : Hi Glen,

Our mutual suspicions confirmed............. Her headlight switch was in the "daytime" position. (Santa's sleigh will be "running light" this year.....

Andy I.

Reply to
Andy

Don't be too hard on her - I did exactly the same thing myself when I first got my V70, and got as far as going back to the dealer to complain .... a more embarrassed middle-aged engineer (that is - me) you cannot imagine!

Martin

Reply to
Martin

I always use the daytime running position in daytime exactly for that reason, so I can flash the highbeams without them staying on. Then I switch to headlight position in the evening when I want the highbeams to be able to stay on. It drives my wife crazy. She leaves them in headlight position and is grumped when she gets in the car and they are still in daytime running position from when I drove the car.

Reply to
Stephen Henning