2004 S40 Question from a Newbie

I think I had read somewhere that the 2004 S40 shares a chassis with other vehicles. Possibly Ford Focus or other brands. Is this correct?

Reply to
Mikeygmoed

The 2005 s40, not 2004. Sometimes it is called the 2004.5. The 2004 is the old platform that shares with Mitsubishi. The 2005 shares a chassis with the Mazda 3 and new European Ford Focus, but Volvo tunes it and much of the car feels Volvo like. It uses Volvos 5 cylinder engines, 4 grades of different type of steels, Volvo SIPS, and other Volvo features unique to Volvo.

Ben

Reply to
Benjamin Smith