2004 Volvo C70 Volvo Center San Antonio

I'm considering purchasing a 2004 C70 convertible from the Volvo Center in San Antonio. There are 2 available with prices from $ 23977 (36K miles) to $24377 (27K miles). I have never purchased a car from a dealer before and I'm a little suspicious of car salesmen. My credit is not great but they have approved me. I haven't discussed the details with them yet nor have I seen the cars (I live 100 miles away and found the cars on the web). Thought I'd do some more research before I meet with them.

Any advice on this model an/or dealership would be greatly appreciated!

Reply to
ddog

I would call this a pretty fair deal. The price is about on market and the mileage is low for a four year old car. Everything I've seen of the C70 seems to be OK. Personally, I avoid turbos but that's getting more difficult over time and is a personal preference.

I last bought from a dealer 30 years ago but that's really because I have found everything I needed elsewhere. I *truly* appreciate your suspicions of used car salesmen.

On balance, buying from an authorized dealer gives you a strong hand in dealing with warranty issues since you have the vendor behind you.

As a final thought, I would check with the guys in Austin to see what they have but, all in all, I would feel fairly comfortable proceeding with either vehicle.

Chuck Fiedler Nothing but Volvo since 1974

Reply to
c.fiedler