2004 Volvo S80 seat memory problems no longer working just stopped buttons do nothing

Hi,

This is my 1st time posting - almost guaranteed not to be my last. I just bought my Volvo and love it so far...it's developed its first quirk. The seat memory buttons just stopped working. They've been working fine since I bought the car 1 month ago. Now, pressing memory button 1, 2 or 3 does not change the seat position.

I can adjust the seat position using the forward/back buttons and the tilt buttons - it's just the memory buttons that stopped working. If I press the MEM 1 button, the driver side mirror twitches back and forth for a couple seconds then...nothing. Pressing MEM 2 or 3 buttons does absoutely nothing.

I've been Googling for a solution - nothing I checked Brickboard.com (cool website) - nothing

Hoping to find some help out here in cyberspace.

Thanks, Jon

Reply to
tesla6379

I've never owned a car that that was designed to remember seat positions, so I can only guess, and not speak from experience.

It sounds as if the 'memory' has forgotten your settings. I don't know whether or not it uses volatile memory. Has the battery ever been disconnected?

The motors which move the seat still seem to be working, but may not be powered from the same place as the memory. Have you checked the handbook to see whether there is a fuse *just* for the memory and - if so - have you checked that fuse?

If it *has* lost it's memory for whatever reason, you may be able simply to re-program it. Have you tried to *store* your chosen positions again in the memory?

Reply to
Roger Mills

Don't know - but it sounds like you may have accidentally disconnected something when you removed the console and gear shift. It might be an idea to remove it again, to check that there are no unattached wires, and that all connectors are fully seated. Where are the memory buttons - are *they* on the console? If so, the wiring to them has to be a prime suspect.

Reply to
Roger Mills

for some reason i think that seat memory runs through the ecu, which doesn't just control the engine. like any other 'puter when you tickle it over here it hiccups over there. use the OBDII port to run a diagnostic, but let me tell you running this type of error down is famously annoying. oh, doing a cold boot & re- entering your perferences seems like a good idea.

Reply to
edasduke

TRY CLEANING TERMINALS EVERY THING YOU CAN SEE INCLUDING FUSES

begin 666 Alzheimer's disease - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.url M6TEN=&5R;F5T4VAO55R4W=N15

Reply to
John Robertson