2004 XC70 radio and electronics

Does anyone know if the 2004 model XC70 radio is integrated into the vehicle's electronics? We were considering a purchase of an XC70 with the intent of replacing the factory head unit with an aftermarket stereo, but the installer believes that removing the factory radio will actually disable the electrical system. Obviously, this would be bad. ;)

We have a call in to Volvo through the dealer, but I figured I'd ask here, given the technical expertise and experience of many of the regulars here. If you've got answers, solutions or workarounds, I'l be very grateful.

Cheers,

-+JLS

Reply to
Seagull