2004 XC90 blower noise

Hey all, I have a xc90 2004 with 120k on it and lately the blower has started making this humming sound thats louder, not higher pitched, the more it blows. We're starting to get summer and the AC keeps the fan busy so its more noisy now than earlier.

Anyone had issues like this and how can I test the motor? I've read that you have to take the dash apart to even get it out so I'm curious how hard it is to troubleshoot in there, I'm not a mechanic but trying to do my own work from time to time.

thanks! Gaute

Reply to
GBS

Try the Volvo Owners Club (UK) Forum, they have an XC90 register, the keeper is mustard and knows the XC90 better than the back of his hand.

Hey all, I have a xc90 2004 with 120k on it and lately the blower has started making this humming sound thats louder, not higher pitched, the more it blows. We're starting to get summer and the AC keeps the fan busy so its more noisy now than earlier.

Anyone had issues like this and how can I test the motor? I've read that you have to take the dash apart to even get it out so I'm curious how hard it is to troubleshoot in there, I'm not a mechanic but trying to do my own work from time to time.

thanks! Gaute

Reply to
Peter K L Milnes

this humming sound thats louder, not higher pitched, the more it blows. We're starting to get summer and the AC keeps the fan busy so its more noisy now than earlier.

have to take the dash apart to even get it out so I'm curious how hard it is to troubleshoot in there, I'm not a mechanic but trying to do my own work from time to time.

Yes to do this correctly the dash has to come out @ least 6 Hours for an experienced Volvo Technician for the person who repairs there own Volvo this may be beyond the scope of what they are comfortable with performing

Reply to
Glenn K

If it's like my fan it will draw more current as well as it struggles to turn and the wiring will sizzle or fuses blow till you clean out the leaves and lubricate the bearing .

Reply to
John Robertson