2005 S40 Soft Paint...

I bought a S40 back in May... and I already put a bad gash into the door well area. Basically my seat belt hit the paint and it chipped badly.

My 2001 Honda Accord had extremely durable paint that didn't seem to paint

- but the Volvo seems to chip really easily.

Is the paint soft on the new Volvos? I've read in web forums that other people are expericing similar problems as me.

BTW, any good tips on fixing a 1" chip? I ordered a Volvo paint touch up pen - anything else I should use? I found some instructions online that recommended sanding, etc - is this all required?

Thanks.

Reply to
Lucas Tam

Hi,

Due to European regulations, all paints of all (or at least several) cars are, or will soon be, waterbased. Meaning that it may be less strong, and may be more sensitive to chemicals (like bird xxx). So if a bird drops something, clean it, don't let it stay on the car for a week.

Pieter

Reply to
Me